Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: PM or Mattel Josefina - your opinons!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have heard all the fors and against for PM v Mattel but I was wondering if the same applies to Josefina since she has a different head mold.

    Is there much of a difference (I know there is alot in Felicity)? I guess I am wondering whether or not to search for a PM Josefina or just buy a new one when I go to AGPLA.

    Juliette

  2. #2
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I would buy a new doll! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] But that's just me. I love getting new dolls. It's so much more exciting when you know they're brand new!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member brazilian_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2005
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I was lucky with my Josefina, I don't know if she is PM or not, but she is beautiful, but I had so many disappointments lately with the used dolls!!!! Once I saw a comparison on an ebay auction (Josefina PM and Mattel) and didn't notice a significant difference so... my answer is: if you can, buy her NIB from AG!!!! That's the way I want to buy my Addy, will not take any chances, I would be really really mad if my Addy was less than perfect.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Juliette,

    Part of the problem with even getting a PM Josefina is that she was released in 1998, the year Mattel bought out Pleasant Company. As a result, there are very few PM Josefinas to be had.

    Personally, I would just buy a new Josefina.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kymmy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2003
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a brand new Josefina from this past November and she is BEAUTIFUL. I had my sister pick her out on a business trip. If you are going to AGP I would get a new one. I too have had too many used doll disappointments.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Josefina was released for Holiday 1997. There should be plenty of PM Josefina's around as AG probably made quite a few of the first (and 2nd) run dolls, so they were probably still being sold well into M's purchasing of the company. Obviously there are far less PM Josefina's than PM Kirsten's, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one on ebay.

    I've seen a M and PM (mine) doll, and they seem very, very similar. PM Josefina has thicker hair, but it's...harder to tame. Both dolls are absolutely gorgeous, and I find Josefina (either ver) to be the prettiest of the AG dolls.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm with Cami. I had a Mattel Josefina last year and had to sell her to pay tuition, but then picked up a PM Josefina off ebay before this last Christmas. They were very similar. I liked the coloring of the Mattel one better, but my PM one has very thick hair. Her hair is not as silky as the Mattel doll though. Bottom line- I love them both. Unlike Felicity or Kirsten or Sam, the differences are not that noticeable.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Tinuviel_156's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2004
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've had both the PM and Mattel Josefina's, because we bought her just when she came out. Since then, we sent her back when she got silver eye, and they replaced her with a Mattel Josefina.

    IMHO, the Mattel Josefina is just as gorgeous as the PM one; there really is no difference besides the way they just chop the hair in the braid.
    (At least, that's all I've noticed.)
    Go ahead and get the Mattel one, Josefina is beautiful!!!

    Greta

  9. #9
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Get a new one! The Mattel Josefinas are very pretty and you will not regret it. Espically since you get to pick out exactly which one you want at AGP.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a PM Josefina and she's beautiful. A friend of mine has a Mattel Josefina, equally beautiful. Unless you want to collect PM dolls, I'd go with a new doll because it's generally safer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •